[Mailman-Users] [SOLVED] no mail delivery to site list

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Fri May 10 16:53:50 CEST 2013

On 5/10/2013 9:03 AM, I wrote:

> My current idea is to add "mailman" lines similar to all the "test"
> lines in transport and virtual and then update transport.db and
> virtual.db with postmap.   (After first making backups of the current
 > forms!)

I tried this and it works:  I can now post to the site list.

> If this creates valid files, will Postfix start using the new
> versions immediately, or do I need to do something else to draw its
> attention to the changes?

After updating transport.db and virtual.db, and before posting, I ran
newaliases just in case, with the result that now I don't know whether
that step was necessary.

> I'm guessing this means that Plesk creates the .db files directly
> without using text files.  Ugh.  Now I wonder, if I use postalias to
> update the .db files after editing my newly created text files, will
> Plesk eventually overwrite my work, say the next time I create a mailbox
> or an e-mail alias?  I guess the way to find out is to try.

I tried this too, creating a new alias for my catchall box after my
first successful post.  A second post arrived with no trouble, and
examining the .db files with postmap shows they are as they should be.
So at any rate Plesk doesn't throw away data it finds in those files
that it didn't put there.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Larry Kuenning