[Mailman-Users] no mail delivery to site list

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Fri May 10 15:02:57 CEST 2013

On 5/9/2013 10:00 PM, David Benfell wrote:

> It looks like the relevant commands are postalias (which I've never
> used, at least by that name) and postmap.

Thanks!  Actually I ran across postalias and postmap a couple of hours
before I saw your post, but it's nice to have this confirmed by someone
else.  (Actually Mark Sapiro also mentioned them, but I think I saw
yours first.)

Both of these programs can, I think, be used to create missing text
files; the difference seems to be that postalias inserts the colons
needed for alias files and postmap just uses whitespace.  To create the
text file aliases from the db file aliases.db, the command is:

postalias -s aliases > aliases

-- where the extension .db is not mentioned on either side of the
redirect but is assumed by postalias on the left side.  If you
explicitly mention aliases.db then postalias fails and complains that
aliases.db.db is missing.  The same syntax works for postmap.

Both programs have reasonable man pages.

More on the results in an upcoming reply to Mark Sapiro.

--
Larry Kuenning
larry at qhpress.org