[Mailman-Users] nightly_htdig failing ...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 10 00:04:40 CEST 2013

On 05/08/2013 11:08 PM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> For a few days now, I am getting my nightly htdig failing. When I check the
> permissions on mailman home, of course I find problems with permissions,
> but this has not been happening previously. I haven't changed anything on
> this system for ages, except during upgrades.

[...]
> root at gw:/usr/local/mailman/bin # ./check_perms -f
> No problems found
> root at gw:/usr/local/mailman/bin #

check_perms is not perfect :(

> Any ideas what could be causing this?
>
> mv: rename /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kictanet/htdig/root2word.db
> to /usr/local/share/htdig/common/root2word.db: Operation not permitted
> mv: rename /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kictanet/htdig/word2root.db
> to /usr/local/share/htdig/common/word2root.db: Operation not permitted
> mv: rename /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kictanet/htdig/synonyms.db
> to /usr/local/share/htdig/common/synonyms.db: Operation not permitted

The lack of permission in this case is correct. the files in
/usr/local/share/htdig/common/ are base files. It looks like htdig is
trying to replace them with ones from the kicktanet list. I don't think
it should be doing that. Compare the
/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/kictanet/htdig/kicktanet.conf file
with ones from other lists and see if anything looks suspicious.

You can find htdig docs at <http://www.htdig.org/>