[Mailman-Users] no mail delivery to site list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 9 18:55:06 CEST 2013

On 05/08/2013 05:53 PM, Larry Kuenning wrote:

> -----<begin output of postconf -n>----
> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/aliases
[...]
> transport_maps = hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/transport
> virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual

What's in the aliases, transport and virtual files in
/var/spool/postfix/plesk/?

Also, what's in /etc/postfix/master.cf?

Aside, please see the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/tIA9> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD>.

> -----<begin mm_cfg.py>-----
[...]
> add_virtualhost('lists.qhpress.org', 'qhpress.org')
> -----<end mm_cfg.py>-----
>
> (This is me again.)  That last line was different until I changed it
> just now; it was:
>     add_virtualhost('lists.qhpress.org')
> which looks to me like it might have been the problem.

Actually,

add_virtualhost('lists.qhpress.org', 'qhpress.org')

and

add_virtualhost('lists.qhpress.org')

are equivalent because if the second argument is omitted, it is
constricted by stripping the initial part up through the first dot from
the first argument.

> But maybe it wasn't.  After changing it I've tried posting to the site
> list again, with no luck.  Repeated this after reloading Mailman, and
> yet again after stopping and restarting Mailman -- still no luck.  (At
> least I didn't break the other lists in the process!)  Does this file
> have to be compiled before it works?  I see a .pyc and a .pyo next to it
> in the ~mailman/Mailman directory.  I don't know anything yet about
> compiling Python files.

Python will detect that the .py is newer than the .py[co] and recompile
automatically on import.