[Mailman-Users] Withlist with python module to change all lists to non-advertised

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 8 21:57:42 CEST 2013

On 5/8/2013 12:41 PM, Christopher Adams wrote:
> I have been tasked to look into modifying all existing lists to be
> non-advertised. I have some knowledge of how withlist works with python.
> Has anyone created a module for use with python taht will accomplish this.
> I may have to get in and learn python again.

You don't need withlist for this, although you could do it with
something as simple as

def set_non_advertised(mlist):
    mlist.advertised = 0

All you need to do is create a one-line file containing

advertised = 0

and run

#! /bin/sh
cd /path/to/mailman
for list in `bin/list_lists --bare` ; do
    bin/config_list -i /path/to/file
done