[Mailman-Users] Site list is missing: mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 8 19:53:15 CEST 2013

On 05/08/2013 01:26 AM, gnugo wrote:> On 05/08/2013 06:49 AM, Mark
Sapiro wrote:
>> What are the permissions on each directory
>> in the path /irafs0/mailman/lists/mailman/?
>>

> ls -lsd /irafs0/mailman/lists/mailman/
> 4 drwxrwsr-x 2 root mailman 4096 May  6 15:14
> /irafs0/mailman/lists/mailman/

And what about

ls -ld /irafs0/mailman/lists
ls -ld /irafs0/mailman
ls -ld /irafs0

What are the settings in Defaults.py and (if any) in mm_cfg.py for
MAILMAN_GROUP and MAILMAN_USER?

>> This is very strange. The file exists, so it shouldn't be 'missing'.
>>
> It's probably something related to lustre. there is some file access or
> locking method that can cause the issue?

I'm not familiar with lustre, but I don't know of any locking issue that
could cause this. It may well be that for reasons I don't understand
lustre file systems are not compatible with Mailman. Does lustre honor
effective uid/gid and SETGID bits on executables?

What happens if you do

su -u mailman
touch /irafs0/mailman/lists/mailman/test_file
ls -l /irafs0/mailman/lists/mailman/test_file
python -c "open('/irafs0/mailman/lists/mailman/test_file')"

Does the python command issue any error?