[Mailman-Users] mailman cron throwingpersistentlockerror(IOError:[Errno2]No such file or directory...)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 28 05:16:05 CET 2013

Bob R wrote:

>$ ls -ld /run/lock; ls -ld /run
>drwxrwxrwt 5 root root 100 Mar 27 19:49 /run/lock
>drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 780 Mar 27 19:53 /run

OK, I'm grasping at straws here, but the issue appears to be that the
'list:list' user:group can't create files in /var/lib/mailman/locks,
aka /run/lock, but Mailman's qrunners and web cgi's are able to do so.

what does

ps -fAw | grep qrunner

and

ls -l /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin

give? The qrunner processes should be user 'list' and the wrappers in
cgi-bin should be group 'list' and SETGID. is that the case or are
they some other user:group?

Also, I think if you do

sudo -u list touch /var/lib/mailman/locks/test_file

or create an entry in /etc/cron.d/mailman that runs

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * list touch /var/lib/mailman/locks/test_file

(i.e. runs the touch command every 10 minutes), you will see the same
errors. If this is the case, figure out why. I suspect some security
manager must be involved as all the permissions on the directories
should allow it.