[Mailman-Users] mailman cron throwing persistent lock error(IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory...)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 26 20:04:00 CET 2013

Bob R wrote:

>Hi folks - I keep getting my mailman cron throwing and emailing me
>consistent errors:
>

>[somelist and myhost redacted...]
>

>Example 1:

[...]
>  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 422, in __write
>    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
>IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'/var/lib/mailman/locks/somelist.lock.myhost.24422.0'
[...]

There's a FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/OIDD> on that ;)

>I checked and fixed permissions:

The error says that some directory in the path
'/var/lib/mailman/locks/somelist.lock.myhost.24422.0' doesn't exist.
Unless either 'somelist' or 'myhost' contains a '/' which shouldn't be
possible, that means one of the directories in the path
'/var/lib/mailman/locks/' which again seems unlikely given that other
lists work.

What is the contents of the '/var/lib/mailman/locks/' directory? If
Mailman is quiet, it should be only master-qrunner and
master-qrunner.HOST.PID.

Also see <http://wiki.list.org/x/noA9>.