[Mailman-Users] Anything possible to get rid of or reduce spam mail to a Mailman list?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:37:04 CET 2013

Dear Mailman users, list members.

Please, take a brief technical look at this page:
http://european.rainbowgathering.eu/
This week, I will update this page and the rest of the website
RainbowGathering.eu.
Via the page european.rainbowgathering.eu, it is possible to subscribe
after a few clicks to a forum that runs on Mailman 2.1.12.
http://european.rainbowgathering.eu/#Forum  >>>

>From about 2010 until a few weeks ago, the number of spam messages
remained within certain acceptable limits. However, ever since my
hosting provider moved to another server, the number of such messages
suddenly rose. Now, I am receiving as list administrator several times
each day a "request for approval", as well as an "uncaught bounce
notification": mostly because of spam of non-members.

Given the fact that I have planned to thoroughly update
RainbowGathering.eu, I am wondering what I can do to deviate spam bots
from the mailing list. Is there any measure I can take with respect
to:
certain HTML/CSS codes at the website?
settings inside mailman?

I really would appreciate your feedback.

Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

--

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1; NL - 3514 VT Utrecht

E. BasRoufs at gmail.com; Mob. +31 6 446 835 10; Tel. +31 30 785 20 40.

Open source OS: Kubuntu 12.10, see kubuntu.org .
Websites in construction: BasRoufs.eu ; Viaconsensus.nl; RainbowGathering.eu .