[Mailman-Users] URL of scrubbed attachments missing in the list archive

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Wed Jun 26 01:32:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:41:35 -0700
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Perhaps the attachment was removed by Mailman's content filtering.
>
> I can easily reproduce this if the large MIME part in the message is a
> Content-Type that will be removed by Mailman's content filtering.
>
> If not, and if by "activate scrubbing" you mean set scrub_nondigest to
> Yes, then it should work as you expect and the large MIME part should
> be removed and replaced by a URL in both the archive and in the post
> delivered to the list.
>
> Note that non text/plain MIME parts that pass content filtering are
> always stored aside and replaced by links in the plain format digest
> and the pipermail archive regardless of the setting of
> scrub_nondigest.
>
> So the underlying question is what was the MIME Content-Type of the
> large message part and what are your list's content filtering
> settings?

The tree is like this (according to claws-mail)
1) * message/rfc822 (3.29MB)
2) ** multipart/alternative (3.29MB)
4) *** multipart/related (3.28MB)
5) **** text/html (3.83KB)
6) **** image/jpeg (3.28MB)

1) Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v753.1)

The filter options:
* filter_content: yes
* filter_mime_types: <none>
* pass_mime_types:
> multipart/mixed
> multipart/alternative
> text/plain
* filter_filename_extensions:
> exe
> bat
> cmd
> com
> pif
> scr
> vbs
> cpl
* pass_filename_extensions: <none>
* collapse_alternatives: yes
* convert_html_to_plaintext: yes
* filter_action: discard

The resulted mail contained only (3) and had these headers:

So multipart/related is not in the allowed MIME type and was filtered.
I think it is no bad idea to have the above filenames filtered, while
everything else should pass landing in the archive. Please give me a
hint, how to archieve this.

Thanks,
Kardan