[Mailman-Users] URL of scrubbed attachments missing in the list archive

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Tue Jun 25 15:56:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

as listadmin I received a notification, that a 3mb email has been
moderated. I found the scrubber option and activated it. Afterwards I
let the mail pass and viewed it in the archive. The mail is there, but
without attachment (as intended) nor any link to it (contrary to my
expectation).

I have seen the scrubbing feature has been implemented in 2004 [1] and
assume it is well tested. The pipeline option [2] came to my attantion,
but I would like to keep the current order. There have been no other FAQ
entries regarding attachment than this [3]. This is not related to the
long URL issue [4] as the URL does not appear at all. I also did not
find it among the launchpad bugs [5]. Also I searched the archive for
missing URL etc. so I assume this has not been reported yet.

To check, if this is an instance of #265869 (Scrubber/attachment bug on
NetBSD) a I asked the mailman admins but there was no such log entry,
also they use debian.

To reproduce one can try:
* setup a ML wihtout scrubbing enabled
* send a mail to the list that exceeds the size limit
* after the mail appeared for moderation, activate scrubbing
* accept the mail and look in the archive if the URL is there

Can somebody reproduce this?

Thanks,
Kardan

1] http://sourceforge.net/p/mailman/patches/291/