[Mailman-Users] Ordering of messages in the moderation queue by date?

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Wed Jun 19 06:45:33 CEST 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 07:32:11 -0700 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
wrote:
> On 06/17/2013 01:58 AM, Jan Lausch wrote:
> >
> >  > I typically would prefer to see the queue of messages awaiting
> >> moderation in time order, not alphabetically by email address
> >> as happens by default.
> >

> > I totally second that notion.
> > I have been thinking about this several times before, too.
> > Would indeed be a very useful addition.
>

> OK. Since this may be more widely used, here's a question? The
> current summary groups all the messages from a single sender into
> one 'box'. If we sort the boxes[1] by time, should multiple
> messages from a single address be in separate, time sorted boxes or
> should they still be grouped in a single box, and if the latter
> should the boxes be time sorted by oldest or newest in the box.

For my use, I want to be able to look at conversations in the order
that they're happening so I can cherry pick which portions of the
conversation to forward and which to reject. Seeing the messages
grouped by address doesn't help me so much. I can see wanting the
existing view sometimes, but when I want "sorted by time", I want
purely sorted by time so I can figure out what to forward and what
not to.

It is potentially possible that optionally sorting by subject and then
by time might be cool, but I really don't need that and sometimes it
might get annoying. Simplest is best for my use case.

Perry

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com