[Mailman-Users] Problem listing full member names with diacritics

Brett Delmage brett at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Jun 13 09:05:06 CEST 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> You have a couple of choices:
>
> 1) You can edit bin/list_members and replace
>
> ENC = sys.getdefaultencoding()
>
> by
>
> ENC = 'utf-8'

Fantastic. Thanks Mark! What a clear and prompt reply.

Now I can export the list susbscribers. Yay! (no - not leaving MM yet)

Mark, Your reply shows up as the 10,499th list posting since the first one
I have in my mail folder from you on 2004 June 13 - Hmm, isn't that a
coincidence. (I've been on this list since 2001).

That's a truly remarkable level of service to the Mailman community.
Thank you for everything you've done for all of us and list users
everywhere.

Brett