[Mailman-Users] Hello all - mailman down after power failure and hard shutdown

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 8 19:58:17 CEST 2013

On 06/08/2013 10:20 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Postfix has received the message and is trying to deliver it via the
> local transport which is good.
>

>> 2013-06-08T06:31:12-04:00 myhost postfix/qmgr[3126]: warning: connect to
>> transport private/local: Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> but Postfix can't find the local transport or more likely there is a
> stale lock on the transport left over from before the crash, so Postfix
> tries to queue the message for retry.
>

>> 2013-06-08T06:31:12-04:00 myhost postfix/qmgr[3126]: warning: connect to
>> transport private/retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> but it can't access the retry transport either ...

Actually, private/local and private/retry refer to the sockets used for
communication between the Postfix master and the various daemons. If you
do 'netstat -l' you should see these and many others 'LISTENING', Do you?

I don't know why a reboot or even just a stop and start of Postfix
doesn't fix this. If you stop and start Postfix, are there any messages
in the mail logs beyond the "postfix/master[pppp]: daemon started ..."
message?