[Mailman-Users] Hello all - mailman down after power failure and hard shutdown

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Sat Jun 8 17:33:11 CEST 2013

On 6/8/2013 8:52 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2013-06-08 8:10 AM, Larry Kuenning <larry at qhpress.org> wrote:
>> Is mailman possibly not running?  Try this:
>> ps -A | grep mailmanctl
>>
>> If that gives blank output, try this:
>> /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start
>
> Not blank - but what does the question mark mean?
>
> # ps -A | grep mailmanctl
>   2600 ?        00:00:00 mailmanctl

Leaving out the "grep" to get the header ("ps -C mailmanctl" would have
been better to start with) I see that that column is headed "TTY".  I
guess the question mark means the process is not tied to a terminal and
so will continue running even if all users log out.  Which is the
behavior you want, so the problem must be elsewhere.

> Thanks for the assist - any other ideas?

Now you need help from somebody who actually knows how Mailman works.

--
Larry Kuenning
larry at qhpress.org