[Mailman-Users] Hello all - mailman down after power failure and hard shutdown

Larry Kuenning larry at qhpress.org
Sat Jun 8 14:10:12 CEST 2013

On 6/8/2013 6:43 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> Ok, we had a power failure, and apparently my UPS thought it had more
> time left than it did, as the UPS shut down before it shut down the system.
>
> Everything is back up and running, and postfix is running fine for all
> other mail, except list/mailman mail.

Is mailman possibly not running?  Try this:
ps -A | grep mailmanctl

If that gives blank output, try this:
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start

(This was the solution for me when I had a similar problem a month and a
half ago.  I would like to know where to plug this in so it happens
automatically on reboot.  That should be an elementary question but I'm
still not familiar with all these sysadmin tasks.)

--
Larry Kuenning
larry at qhpress.org