[Mailman-Users] MM3 [was: Re: Custom Pages]

Jan Lausch Jan.Lausch at gmx.de
Thu Jun 6 14:52:32 CEST 2013

Guys,

> Also, my attitude would be much different if we were talking about
> something that was not already at the end of its life cycle.

This brings me to a question I keep asking myself once every year for quite some time now:

What's up with MM3?
Is there any indication on when it will be ready?

I really don't want to complain at people who donate spare time for good, please don't take this as offensive, but is there any indication of a release date or a mayor pre-release or, well, let's be honest: is there any progress at all?

I mean, the main wiki page http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Mailman+3.0 has been last updated 3 years ago. Still, their list of work to be done looks good - but that's probably only the tip of the work to be done. On the other hand the frontend works don't even seem to have begun properly (no templating engine chosen, only mockups)...

I really don't want to be impolite and I know that you aren't in charge, but: Do you know anything more than us? Is there any work going on? Is it dead?

I have been living with mailman limitations for so many years now and still it is one very reliable and great work of code - but still there's so much more this could be and let's face it: mailing lists aren't currently gaining ground as the web develops. I believe many people could have great use for a modern state of the art mailing engine with the features that are currently up to date.

Regards,
jan