[Mailman-Users] Is Mailman 2.1 not plushack aware?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jun 3 21:26:53 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mark Sapiro" <mark at msapiro.net>

> On 06/03/2013 10:23 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> >
> > RFE: That mailman 3 permit users to specify that they subscribe with
> > plus-hacked addresses (and optionally what delimiter character they
> > use),
> > for the purpose of poster-address validation on lists for which
> > subscriber-
> > only posting is enabled.
>
> As has been pointed out, MM 3 is different. Whereas, in MM 2.1 every
> email address on a list is a separate entity unrelated to any other on
> that list or other lists within that installation, MM 3 is different.
>
> In an MM 3 installation, a person has a user record with multiple
> addresses and roles. See my post at
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2013-June/075216.html>.
>
> I think MM 3's design already satisfies your RFE. You would just add
> your un-plus-hacked address to your user record.

Yeah, I saw that after, and given that you only need to add the one
extra address to cater for all the lists you might plushack separately,
I guess it really does solve the problem.

A few grafs on this in the doco or on the wiki might not go amiss, unless
I'm really the only person who's ever asked, in which case nevermind. :-)

Cheers,
-- jra