[Mailman-Users] Is Mailman 2.1 not plushack aware?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Jun 2 17:50:53 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-01 1:40 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
> It is altogether always wrong for ANY mail software outside of a domain
> to parse the local part of an address in that domain except for a tiny
> handful of standard special local parts (e.g. "postmaster").

On it's own, I agree.

> The use of '+' as a tag delimiter is widespread but it is not in any
> sense a "standard" and comes nowhere near universality. There is no
> way for a Mailman instance to know which domains make "user+tag" and
> "user" equivalent and which do not, so canonicalizing as you suggest
> would result in breakage.

Currently factually and technically correct, But...

There is no reason that Mailman couldn't be enhanced with a configurable
*option* that would allow the domain Admin to *tell* it which
character(s) (there was recent talk on the postfix list of postfix being
enhanced to allow multiple characters to be defined as this delimiter)
were to be used as delimiters.

I would love to see this ability in MM3...