[Mailman-Users] When is last_post_time updated?

Peter Heitzer Peter.Heitzer at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Jul 23 09:29:42 CEST 2013

Hello folks,
I have a few mailing lists which show a last_post_time of 1970-01-01. Does this
really mean that the list has not yet sent any mails to its subscribers, i.e the
list is inactive?
I assume that only a regular post from an allowed mail address forces an update
to a lists last_post_time variable. Is that correct?

The reason for asking is that I want to get rid of some inactive lists. If the
last_post_time is a reliable criterion for inactivity I could contact the list
owners and ask them if the list could be removed.