[Mailman-Users] To restrict sending email messages per day

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jul 22 03:17:11 CEST 2013

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> See <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/PostLimit.py> (mirrored at
> <http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~msapiro/scripts/PostLimit.py>)for a script
> that limits the number of posts from a member to a list either per
> calendar day or a configurable period of hours.
>
> It could be made lots fancier with the limit and time period being list
> attributes or mm_cfg variables instead of hard coded and options to hold
> rather than reject, but it will work.

I have enhanced the script at the above locations to support a per
member limit and/or a per list limit. I have also made it take
parameters from list attributes if set there and provided a sample
extend.py to enable it and set parameters for a list.

Additionally, I have created a FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/V4Hz> with
this information.