[Mailman-Users] Reactivate delivery confirmation tokens

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 19 22:48:55 CEST 2013

On 07/19/2013 11:18 AM, James Cloos wrote:

> In other words, tokens generated by the cgi or by sending a subscribe or
> unsubscribe mail work, but tokens generated by class Bouncer are always
> invalid.
>
> Is the cookie expiring before the mail is sent?
>
> I see the comment in Bouncer.py about trying to avoid that, but that
> would explain things.

It appears there is a bug here. I'm not certain; I'll look further, but
it looks like when the initial disabling bounce is received, the token
is set and the notification is sent to the user, but if the user's
address is valid, but the user is bouncing for some temporary reason,
that notice will likely bounce too.

Thus, the first notice the user likely receives is sent after
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval by cron/disabled. The problem
is that a new token is not generated and this notice contains the
original token which almost certainly has expired.

Is the notice you receive sent at random times of day or is it always
sent at 9:00 a.m. in the time zone of the Mailman server?