[Mailman-Users] Allow message to auto accept based on another list's membership

Whitcomb, Jeff jmwhitco at samford.edu
Wed Jul 17 20:01:29 CEST 2013

I have about 30 to 40 lists I maintain and I'm having an issue with the sender filters.  We got a new spam filter that doesn't have a feature our previous filter did where it allowed me to specify the quarantine report go to a specific email address, so it's going to the list address instead.

I have ^.*@example.com<mailto:%5e.*@example.com> in the accept_these_nonmembers box, then have <spam digest>@example.com in the hold_these_nonmembers box.  I found out that auto accept takes precedence over auto hold.  I read somewhere there is a way, instead of doing ^.*@example.com<mailto:%5e.*@example.com>, I can enter something in the accept_these_nonmembers to use the membership of one or more other lists on the system, or all other lists to be auto accepted on.  I can't find this feature in the documentation, as I'm not sure what it's called.

I also want to see if using lists memberships for acceptance on another list presents any performance issue.

Can you point me to the feature name, or location of the appropriate documentation please?

Currently I have the <spam digest>@example.com email address subscribed to the list and set to moderate and no_mail.

I'm currently on version 2.1.6 (I don't control the upgrade schedule) :)

Thanks,

Jeff Whitcomb
Technology Services Manager
Cumberland School of Law - Samford University
205-726-4662
jmwhitco <at> samford <dot> edu

[SU-email-logo]

P Think before you print