[Mailman-Users] Problems after server migration

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 16 21:28:24 CEST 2013

On 07/16/2013 07:47 AM, alv at alv.cl wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 at 10:12pm, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> My best guess is your CentOS mailman (a RedHat package ?) doesn't
>> expect the lists to be in the directory you moved them too. The FAQ at
>> <http://wiki.list.org/x/KYCB> may help.
>
> Thank you for answer, Mark.
>
> When I created a test list after the migration, its files were located
> in the same paths that the ones migrated, so I think unfortunately,
> that's not the problem.

This makes no sense. Does bin/list_lists list both the old and the newly
created, working lists? Are the mode and group of the lists/LISTNAME
directories and the lists/LISTNAME/config.pck files the same for all
lists? Does 'bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck' produce appropriate
output for both old and new lists? Does mail to the newly created lists
work? Does the old server still exist, and if so is there some possible
confusion between IPs and DNS so something is looking at the wrong
machine? Try 'grep -r xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /usr/lib/mailman /var/lib/mailman'
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the old IP. There should be no reference by IP,
but ...?