[Mailman-Users] mailman does not ask for password

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 29 23:50:36 CET 2013

Matthias Bezold wrote:

>we have a problem with mailman on Ubuntu 10LTS. We have set a site password using mmsitepass (and before that using the Plesk interface). Mailman is referenced globally for several domains using a ScriptAlias, but when opening the admin interface (e.g. .../cgi-bin/mailman/create), mailman does not ask for a password.

The Mailman create page doesn't ask for the creator authentication when
you go to the page. You need to enter the password in the last field
on the form.

>What else can be do to enable the site password that you have to enter before you receive any options in the mailman area?

If you can visit admin pages other than the overview (e.g.
.../cgi-bin/mailman/admin/LISTNAME) without authentication, you
probably have a saved authentication cookie for the list in your
browser.