[Mailman-Users] More than 10 messages received in one connection

Hung Phan phanh at canby.k12.or.us
Mon Jan 14 21:08:53 CET 2013

Hello, everyone

Previously, our Mailman sent out messages all at once to the recipients; however, this behavior has since changed. According to the exim log file, the message delivers to 10 recipients and get queue for the next round. So we have been researching for different options to tweak the behavior. So far, we have:
SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 0 and SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 0 for the ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py
QUEUE = 5m for the /etc/init.d/exim

Other mention that we should add smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0 into exim.conf config file. By adding this in, exim fails on restart so we reverse the change.

All these configurations don't change the new behavior. Any other configuration that we may overlook?

Thank you for any advice,