[Mailman-Users] Export messages to another archiver

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 11 18:10:56 CET 2013

Vincent Le Goff wrote:

>I'd like to find a way to export my list's messages to use a different archiver.
>
>Is it possible to export messages with the 'withlist' command?  I
>didn't find how to retrieve the list's messages.

It is possible, but probably more complex than you need.

>Or is there some hook system or something to execute a specific
>command when a message is received (I tried to find a postfix-side
>configuration, but it doesn't seem to be possible).

I'm not sure what you want. If you want to get the list's current
archive to move to another archiver, the entire archive is normally
(unless you've changed default settings) contained in mbox format in
Mailman's archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox.

If you want to invoke some process on each new message as it arrives,
the easiest way is to subscribe a local address to the list and alias
that address in Postfix to a pipe to the process. Also, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/RAKJ> and read the

#####
# Archive defaults
#####