[Mailman-Users] client denied by server configuration

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Fri Jan 11 10:35:04 CET 2013

Hi all.

I have a strange problem.. most of the mailman site works well, but a
few, don't, and give me 'client denied by server configuration' in the
apache error log.

for instance.. when I visit:
https://linux3.dti.supsi.ch/mailman/admindb/cdl-elettro

and try to accept a subscription request, I get this error in the apache
log, and the request is still there waiting to be accepted..

[Fri Jan 11 10:02:44 2013] [error] [client myip] client denied by server
configuration: /opt/www/cdl-elettro

The same way, when I visit:
https://linux3.dti.supsi.ch/mailman/admindb/prova01

and try to accept a held message, I get this error in the apache log,
and the message is still there waiting to be accepted..

[Fri Jan 11 10:32:53 2013] [error] [client myip] client denied by server
configuration: /opt/www/prova01

So.. in mm_cfg.py:

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'

and in apache.conf:

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
Alias /images/mailman/ /usr/share/images/mailman/
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/
<Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/>
     AllowOverride None
     Options ExecCGI
     AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/>
     Options Indexes FollowSymlinks
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory /usr/share/images/mailman/>
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

Could anybody please try to help me out?
Thank you and best regards.
Robi