[Mailman-Users] Testing STEALTH_MODE = 1

Tom Skelley tom at tasconsulting.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 15:40:06 CET 2013

Hi All,
  A bit of an odd question this one. I'm new to Mailman, and one of my
customers has just had an external audit. As part of the audit an advisory
was given that too much information was given when an Apache query was
executed. This turns out to be from the /mailman/create script.

I've found that setting STEALTH_MODE = 1 in mailman/scripts/driver should
fix the problem, but I need to test it. Is there a way to force an error
through the web interface?

I've tried changing file permissions on the python binary, changing file
permissions on the .py and .pyc scripts, trying to import non-existant
modules etc, but I can't manage to get it to dump a stack trace.

Any help greatfully received.

Tom