[Mailman-Users] Cannot complete actions on held msgs

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 28 17:32:27 CET 2013

Breeze Howard wrote:

>We recently upgraded Mailman from 2.1.13 on Solaris 10 to 2.1.15 on
>RHEL6.  We are seeing an issue now where when posts are held for
>moderator approval, they show up in the pending requests webpage, but
>you can't take any action on them. Defer/Reject/Allow/Discard... no
>matter what you choose, the page just refreshes without anything
>actually happening.  The kicker is that this only occurs on lists that
>were created in the new environment, the lists that we transferred over
>from 2.1.13 work just fine.

There is probably some issue with DEFAULT_URL_HOST or
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN causing the web_page_url attribute on new lists to
be wrong. Possibly, new lists are created with http scheme instead of
https and the web server is redirecting http to https and losing the
post data.

See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/ioA9> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/7oA9>.

Also look at the source of the admindb page - in particular the action=
URL in the form tag.

>When I delete the heldmsg-<LISTNAME>-##.pck manually, the held message
>disappears from the "held for approval" page.

You shouldn't delete (rm) these files. You should use Mailman's
bin/discard tool or possibly the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests> to remove them.