[Mailman-Users] OT - Regex help (was: Re: About Spam Filtering

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Feb 16 15:42:04 CET 2013

Tanstaafl writes:
 > On 2013-02-15 10:25 AM, Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu> wrote:

 > > I am uncertain what /.*+/ would do. Remove either * or +.

As Joseph says, change the first part of your regexp from "^From:.*+"
to "^from:.*" or "^from:.+" (I would choose the former because it's
more inclusive, thus less backscatter to those addresses).

 > Like I said, I've got no experience with regex at all - guess its
 > time to learn eh? ;)

Yes.  I don't know specifically about Perl/Python, but there are
definitely tools out there which will help you build regexps from such
lists of strings.