[Mailman-Users] ImportError: cannot import name _C

Lummoxx lummoxx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:16:46 CET 2013

On 02/14/2013 08:11 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Lummoxx wrote:
>> I need to reset a list password, but when I run ./reset_pw.py, I get a
>> python error:
>
> This is not the way to run reset_pw.py.
After I saw it wasn't working the usual way, I was just doing it that
way to generate the error.
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>   File "./reset_pw.py", line 41, in <module>
>>
>>     from Mailman.i18n import _C
>> ImportError: cannot import name _C
>
> Your copy of reset_pw.py is corrupted somehow. Line 41 in the file
> should be
I downloaded a new copy, and all seems to be well.  I'll keep an eye out
and see if that happened elsewhere, as well.

This was a yum package install in RHEL 6.2, so no idea how it happened.

Thanks for the quick response!