[Mailman-Users] ImportError: cannot import name _C

Lummoxx lummoxx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 19:15:40 CET 2013

Running mailman 2.1.12 on RHEL6.  Imported lists from a RHEL5 server
running mailman 2.1.9.

Mailman itself seems to be running fine.  It's a fairly large installation
with over 760 lists, and messages sent to lists I subscribe to on the
server are sent and received as expected.

I need to reset a list password, but when I run ./reset_pw.py, I get a
python error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "./reset_pw.py", line 41, in <module>

    from Mailman.i18n import _C
ImportError: cannot import name _C

I ran python interactively from the bin/ directory, and manually importing
path, Mailman, and Mailman.i18n worked fine, but then trying "from
Mailman.i18n import _C" interactively fails.

Thanks!