[Mailman-Users] Solaris 10 and Mailman

Steff Watkins s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 11:25:28 CET 2013

Hi,

 A quick google turns up the following : https://github.com/snltd/smf/blob/master/manifest/mailman.xml

It looks (at a brief glance) like it'd work pretty much straight out of the box although you will probably have to change exec line so that it calls mailmanctrl rather than mailman.sh as it does. You'll probably also want to change the dependency 'name' for your MTA as the one you're using will probably differ from svc:/snltd/exim:default.. or you could always just drop the requirement to have mailman's operation 'dependent' on the state of your system's MTA.

I quite like this SMF xml for mailman as it lists filesystem, network, MTA and name services as 'dependencies' so in a way it should check that all the daemons needed for a healthy mailing list service are running.

Anyway it looks like a pretty good place to start. Good luck.

Steff

-----
Steff Watkins                   Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London,SW75BD
Systems programmer               Email: s.watkins at nhm.ac.uk
Systems Team                     Phone: +44 (0)20 7942 6000 opt 2
========
"Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans." - HHGTTG