[Mailman-Users] Subject line message filtering

Fri Feb 8 20:44:19 CET 2013

On 2/8/13 12:52 PM, Chris Nulk wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to stop a particular group of messages from going to
> several of my lists.  I am looking at the Subject line of the message
> to do the filtering and I am using the header_filter_rules in Spam
> Filtering.  My regex filter is:
>
>      ^Subject:[\s\+]*\[.*\]\s+(Invitation|Canceled Event):.*
>
> and the Subject lines I am trying to catch and reject the message look
> like:
>
>      Subject: [MYLIST] Invitation: Test event @ Thu Feb 28,
>          2013 10:00 - 11:00 (mylistg at example.com)
>
> or
>
>      Subject: [MYLIST] Canceled Event: Test event @ Thu Feb 28,
>          2013 10:00 - 11:00 (mylist at example.com)
>

> I have set the action for the rule to reject, however, the messages
> still get posted to the list.
>
> I have tested the regex above using the python interactive interpreter
> and the regex does match the various inputs used.
>
> Can anyone tell me what the problem is with my regex?
>
> Also, can any of the sender/recipient filters cause the message to
> bypass the spam filters?  The message pipeline is unchanged.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
Make sure you have set the "Action" for the filter to some other than
Defer or Accept.

A previous Accept that matches the message will override this filter.

Also, note that I think the filter it tested BEFORE the [MYLIST] is
added to the subject by the list, so is only there to be matched if it
was in the original email.

--
Richard Damon