[Mailman-Users] Error from Cron about Mailman on Debian

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Dec 21 18:01:16 CET 2013

On 12/21/2013 12:29 AM, EyeLand wrote:
> 1) I receive error
> bin/check_perms -f
> -bash: bin/check_perms: No such file or directory

This refers to Mailman's bin/ directory, probably
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms.

> 2) folder not exists
> /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/attachments
>
> 3) on email I receive error from cron:
>
> Cron <list at vps1> [ -x /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests ] &&
> /usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests
> List: mailman: problem processing /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman/digest.mbox:
> [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/attachments/20131216'

Digest processing for the 'mailman' list is attempting to create the
directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/attachments/20131216
into which it will store scrubbed attachments. The process will create
the intermediate directories as needed.

If /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/mailman/attachments doesn't exist
it's because the process didn't have sufficient permission to create it.
check_perms -f run as root should fix this.

Otherwise, check permissions as below.