[Mailman-Users] Reconfiguring Mailman with different with-cgi-gid

Jon 1234 jon.1234 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 23:42:25 CET 2013

Dear all
I used the following when setting up Mailman 2.14:
./configure --prefix=ZZZ/mailman --with-mail-gid=daemon --with-cgi-gid=www --with-username=ZZZ --with-groupname=users --with-python=ZZZ/bin/python
To upgrade PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 the website hosts have to enable suexec (I don't quite understand this but bear with me!) which breaks Mailman, I think because it runs as a different user to before.
Can I reconfigure Mailman using this?
./configure --prefix=ZZZ/mailman --with-mail-gid=daemon --with-cgi-gid=users --with-username=ZZZ --with-groupname=users --with-python=ZZZ/bin/python
This is the with-cgi-gid setting that the hosting people suggest, but I would be grateful for confirmation from someone on this expert list.
What else would I need to do?
Thanks very much in anticipation.
Jon