[Mailman-Users] Subject with "***UNCHECKED***"

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Dec 16 15:13:23 CET 2013

EyeLand writes:

 > Hello, when I send an email to my mailing list, the subscribers
 > receive my email with word into subject "***UNCHECKED***", how can I
 > deactivate that word? Thank you!

Mailman as distributed by this project doesn't do that.  Assuming that
you're using an unaltered distribution, if all your subscribers are
receiving it, then probably your local configuration of Mailman is
bypassing some sort of check, and the local mail server is doing it.
If only some of them are receiving the post with "***UNCHECKED***" in
the subject, then it's happening at their end.

The remaining possibility is that your local installation of Mailman
has been altered.  But we can't guess what that might be.

So this isn't the place to ask.  You need to talk to the administrators
of your Mailman host.