[Mailman-Users] How to update the templates - listinfo.html?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 10 03:17:35 CET 2013

On 12/09/2013 01:46 PM, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to customize the listinfo.html file in /var/mailman/templates/en directory
> I changed listinfo.html and restarted the Mailman. However, the listinfo.html webpage didn't get updated when I viewed the page in a browser.
> Did I miss something?

Probably. There are three other places Mailm1an will look for that
template before looking there, and that is the one listinfo.html
template you shouldn't edit because changes to that file will be lost in
an upgrade.

Mailman looks first at /var/mailman/lists/LISTNAME/en/listinfo.html
which is the list specific English template and which can be
created/edited directly or via the web list admin interface.

Next Mailman looks at /var/mailman/templates/HOST_NAME/en/listinfo.html
which is the domain specific English template.

Then Mailman looks at /var/mailman/templates/site/en/listinfo.html which
is the sites default English template.

Finally, Mailman looks at /var/mailman/templates/en/listinfo.html which
is the distribution default English template.

The first one found is used. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>