[Mailman-Users] Preventing monthly membership reminder

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 4 05:29:22 CET 2013

On 12/03/2013 07:03 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> Javad Hoseini-Nopendar wrote:
>> Hello
>> I have a mailing list. In the settings of the mailing list, I selected
>> "No" for "Sending monthly password reminder", but the mailing list
>> still sends membership reminders to the members in the beginning of
>> each month. What should I do to deactivate sending that email?

If the list's General Options -> send_reminders setting is No, no
monthly reminders should be sent for THAT LIST. Reminders may still be
sent for other list's in the installation for which send_reminders is Yes.

> You need to edit the mailman crontab, which is what controls this behavior.

It you remove the cron/mailpasswds entry from Mailman's crontab, no
monthly reminders will be sent at all.