[Mailman-Users] Difference between version 2.1.12 and 2.1.13

Daryl.Weir at lis.state.oh.us Daryl.Weir at lis.state.oh.us
Tue Dec 3 16:56:50 CET 2013

Hi:

I looked for the answer to this question on a variety of websites and forums but no luck.

We have two installations of mailman - list A uses version 2.1.12 and list B uses version 2.1.13. Both are setup to be used as oneway annoucement lists.

All options for both lists are identical including setting send_reminders = No and changing listinfo.html and options.html to have the same html.

Our users go to the general list information page, enter a subscriber's email address in the unsubscribe box and click the Unsubscribe or edit options button. For both lists, this takes them to the <domainname>/mailman/options/<listname> page. At this point, the pages have very different content on them.

List A - version 2.1.12 - shows password reset, Unsubscribe and password reminder options - also, the bottom of the page has the standard footer with the Mailman and Python logos as well as several links including one to the admin interface.

List B - version 2.1.13 - shows Unsubscribe option and nothing else - there is no footer and nothing about passwords

I've been trying to figure out what I can change in 2.1.12 to have it match 2.1.13 on the options.html page but can't find anything.

Does anyone know ..... are these differences stemming from the Mailman version? Is there some place else I need to be looking?

Any input on this would be most appreciated.

Daryl Weir