[Mailman-Users] Use of Invitations to join a list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 1 21:25:03 CET 2013

On 12/01/2013 12:10 PM, William McQueen wrote:
> Where will I find an outline of how the invitation process works. To wit,
> how do I know an invitation has been accepted.

When the invitation is accepted, Mailman's subscribe log will show the
subscription, and if admin_notify_mchanges is Yes, the admin will
receive a notice of the subscription.

The script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> can be used
to see if the invitation is still pending.

The actual details are:

1) The invitation is sent and a pending subscription is entered waiting
user confirmation. This is marked as an invitation so it will bypass
admin approval if any when the user confirms.

2) the user confirms and is subscribed normally.

or

2) the user follows the confirm link and cancels the request.

or

2) the invitation expires after PENDING_REQUEST_LIFE.