[Mailman-Users] About PostLimit.py again ( was :To restrict sending email messages per day)

e.c. eminmn at sysmatrix.net
Thu Aug 8 17:54:39 CEST 2013

Thanks for these pythons routines, Mark. Since I don't know much about the
language, I need some clarification on the part of the code between triple
quote marks (""") and also between the lines that have ----------- cut
-----. Are these constructs some kind of ad hoc python syntax extensions
for commenting out or do they need to be made invisible with prepended #
characters?

I would especially like to know whether it's possible to substitute
worldtime (gmt) in the places where localtime is referenced. This posting
throttling functionality is needed to make a mailman list correspond as
closely as possible to the functionality once offered by LISTSERV.  Is the
part of the code between the cut marks only to be used if the globals M, L,
and PERIOD are to be set with list attributes via the extend.py file? Could
someone comment the code relating to the global PERIOD and localetime. For
my purposes PERIOD could be hardcoded to 24 hours and based on gmt. It
looks like the code at http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/PostLimit.py can't be
inserted as is into

Mailman/Handlers/PostLimit.py
Am I right about that?