[Mailman-Users] Recovering EMail Addresses from Majordomo'ssubscribers.D File

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Apr 29 18:12:16 CEST 2013

On 4/29/2013 7:29 AM, DSH wrote:

> Unfortunately I could not get either script to work for me so
> perhaps that will come in the next post.
>
> When looking at the first script,
> (import_majordomo_into_mailman.pl) the fist thing I noticed was the
> assumption that “Majordomo has all of its list configurations in a
> single, local directory.”   My directory structure is as shown
> below.

This is the newer of the two scripts. It was contributed by Geoff
Mayes. See <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1129742> for more
information.

I don't know if anyone on this list knows enmough about Majordomo to
be of help. I certainly don't. I suggest you try to contact Geoff. You
can email him via launchpad although you may have to register.

> The second script (majordomo2mailman.pl) was worse.  It apparently
> ran but never threw an error message or had any output that I could
> see. The only way I could get anything out if it was intentionally
> giving it a wrong path to the aliases file. It would complain about
> that.

This script is quite old.