[Mailman-Users] moving a mailman server

Con Wieland cwieland at uci.edu
Wed Apr 17 23:49:21 CEST 2013

Hello all,

It has been a while since I've done this but I am moving one of our mailman servers to a new machine and upgrading at the same time from version 2.1.9 to version 2.1.14. I have in the past installed mailman, postfix, and apache and then copied the ~mailman/lists and ~mailman/archives files over and renamed the machine. With a few caveats I have made this work quite successfully before. This time it seems to work but the problem I am having is after I copy the lists they do not appear on the web interface when I goto: http://dev-maillists.nac.uci.edu/mailman/admin

I only see list created locally on the server. I can goto the admin page and what not of other lists and things seem to work ok there.

As always any help would be greatly appreciated

Con Wieland
University of California at Irvine