[Mailman-Users] accessing relay mailman server from its own network

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Wed Apr 10 21:38:32 CEST 2013

Hello,

My mailing lists run on a relay server installed as per FAQ 4.88

Accessing the web interface across the internet works fine but accessing
while on the host network is not so fine.

Instead of the DSL (dyndns) address I use the server name or IP address
and all goes fine unless I query the mailing list addresses. Then i am
returned to login again and so on ad infinitum. Same if I try to list
them.

I note that when I mouse-over the menu options the browser bottom line
shows the server name (or IP) address that I have used. When I
mouse-over the 0-9A-Z membership listing then the DSL forwarding address
shows.

FAQ 4.29 would indicate that I could change the DEFAULT_URL_HOST setting
for existing lists using fix_url.py - in this case perhaps to the IP
address?

I suppose that would foul up admin access from across the internet but
as that is only me we could live with that.

Before fools rush in where angels fear to tread - is this the way to go?
Maybe there is a route to have the best of both worlds (easy access from
the internet and the local network)

many thanks in advance
anotheranne