[Mailman-Users] Need to extract subscribers from Mailman files

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 23:09:36 CEST 2013

I'm helping out a friend. His server had a hardware failure. He has a
backup, and has retrieved the Mailman files for the mailing list he
maintains. The mailman directory he sent me has the following directories
at the top level:

archives  data  lists  spam

His goal is to extract the e-mail addresses of the subscribers so he can
re-invite them to a new mailing list system.

How can I extract the e-mail addresses of the subscribers? I looked around
in the files and unless I missed something there doesn't appear to be a
text file with a list of the e-mail addresses. I'm guessing that I could
install Mailman on my Linux server and do something to extract these e-mail
addresses?

I'd greatly appreciate some helpful suggestions with this. Thanks in
advance!

David Roth