[Mailman-Users] Subscription Requests -- three questions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 3 22:55:52 CEST 2013

Dean Suhr wrote

>1) Is there a way to sort the Subscription Requests from newest to oldest?  We approve each request and sometimes  we have quite a few pending as we reach out to folks for clarification as to their eligibility to join closed lists.  It would be good to see new requests at the top.
>
>2) Can the date of an Admin Request become part of the display?  Again, I am happy to modify a file in my install if you can point me to the correct one.  What is the field name for the date of a request?
>
>3) I would like to trim the text in the "name" filed to display only the first 50 characters or so.  Is there a file I can modify to make this happen?  We use the Name field for the subscriber to share a brief introduction and when the field is wide the admin displays scroll off the right side of screen (too wide).

All of these would require modifications to the show_pending_subs
function definition in Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py.

There is code there that purports to sort the subscription requests by
email address, but it doesn't work. I'll probably file a bug and fix
that, but you could modify it to sort by time. you can also truncate
the fullname and add the time (after converting it to a nice format)
in the same function.

Let us know if you need help with the actual Python.

>Maybe these can become feature requests as well.

I don't see them as that generally useful, but you are welcome to
submit it to the tracker at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+filebug>