[Mailman-Users] Admin approval messages not being sent

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:22:27 CEST 2013

I see the message in the Mailman smtp log going to the list and the two
list owners. I also see the message directed to the list owner address in
the MTA logs. However, the message is not actually being delivered to the
list owner via the alias. I have discovered that, using owner addresses
outside of our subnet work for getting confirmation approvals. However,
they don't for addresses inside our subnet. That is strange because the
owner addresses are deliverable and receive mail through list traffic via
Mailman.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
> >On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Are you saying that you see a 'held subscription' message in Mailman's
> >> 'vette' log?
> >>

> >Yes, it shows in the vette.log as being held.
> >

> >> Do the held subscriptions appear in the web admindb interface?

> >> /cron/checkdbs
> >>

> >> Does the held subscription appear in the daily summary of moderator
> >> requests?
> >>

> >Yes, it is sent successfully every morning at 8 am. Until I get this
> fixed,
> >I have increased this to every 2 hrs.
>

> The notice to the owner(s)/moderator(s) is sent by the same process
> immediately following writing the vette log entry contingent only on
> admin_immed_notify being True.
>
> The message is sent From: and To: the listname-owner address with
> envelope from the listname-bounces address.
>
> Check Mailman's smtp log for entries with the same or perhaps + 1 or 2
> seconds time stamp as the vette log entry. There should be a send for
> 1 recip for the list followed immediately by a send for a number of
> recips = to the number of owner(s)/moderator(s). Do you see these? How
> about in the MTA logs?
>
> --

Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com