[Mailman-Users] {Spam?} RE: Question regarding SPAM

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 28 19:48:09 CEST 2012

Futchko, Rose wrote:

>Sapiro, Mark wrote:
>
>>Then how did the post reach the list? What is the list's Privacy
>>options... -> Sender filters -> generic_nonmember_action setting?
>
>Discard

Then again, how did the post reach the list in the first place.
Non-member posts are discarded and you said the list is moderated
which I think means that member posts are held for moderation, so how
does a spam post get to the list?

Does the list have some unmoderated members? If so, if a post contains
one of these member addresses in any of a From:, Reply-To: or Sender:
header or as the envelope sender, the post may be accepted (see the
documentation for SENDER_HEADERS in Defaults.py).